After your surgery
After your surgery is completed, you will be in the postoperative care unit, where the average time spent is one to two hours, depending on your surgery and the type of anesthesia given. When recovery is sufficient, the anesthesiologist will release you.
- Your surgeon will provide you with specific postoperative care instructions after your surgery. In addition, please follow the general instructions below.
- Follow your physician’s instructions regarding activities, diet, rest and medications.
- For your protection, avoid making important decisions or signing important documents for at least 24 hours following your procedure.
- Plan to have a responsible adult drive you home and stay with you for 24 hours after your surgery.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages for 24 hours following your surgery.
A Center staff member will call the following day to check on your progress and answer any questions.